As I sit on the Monterey Airport Bus on my way to the Monterey Airport because of a dropped ball by the fine folks at United, I am realizing that the reason this is pissing me off is because this will limit how long of a run I can go on when I get to our rental house in Monterey.
So, now I’m smiling, laughing to myself / at myself for letting United ruin my RUN. Not a ride not a ride. A run.
So my back is still bothering me on the daily. I had said I’d keep you up to date on how the stem cell injection was helping to heal my herniated disc and at first, it helped a lot. The pain the following week after the injection was intense and it was uber-sore. Then it got a lot better. Then, around January, I felt like it kind of plateaued.
So, am I better?
I suppose, if I got an MRI, I’d have a definitive answer. But I’m pretty sure I already know the answer and it scares me. So, I’m going to have a follow-up appointment with my doctor in Fort Collins who recommended the stem cell doc in Colorado Springs, as I want an opinion removed from the stem cell clinic on what my next options might be.
- September 2015 – herniated disc moving an IKEA kitchen cabinet front. Fuck.
- October ’15 – Cortisone injection to alleviate pain on the nerve
- Felt better for several months, then back to September ’15 pain
- October ’16 – Stem cell injection
- Started swimming
- Then running in a December
- Tried riding in the last 5-6 weeks, per the physical therpist’a recommendation. Wasn’t good. Shooting pain down the leg. Bad.
- But running doesn’t hurt.
- I dunno.
So, I’m a runner now. Again, but I still suck at running. Maybe not as much as I suck on a bike right now, though.
Still on the bus. So here’s a photo of my bike that’s hopefully sitting in the Monterey Airport waiting for me.